The Angry Thread...

Re: The Angry Thread...

Postby MiG_Eater on Thu 16 May 2019, 2:15 pm

I tend to agree with a lot of what you post CJS, but I think AH is right to pick you up on the race point.

In my view it really cheapens people to split them up by race. Had the group come to an opposite decision I wonder if you would have mentioned their race at all.
MiG_Eater

Postby CJS on Thu 16 May 2019, 2:34 pm

MiG_Eater wrote:I tend to agree with a lot of what you post CJS, but I think AH is right to pick you up on the race point.

In my view it really cheapens people to split them up by race. Had the group come to an opposite decision I wonder if you would have mentioned their race at all.

You're probably right, it was a misguided point, for which I apologise :up:
"Forewarned is forearmed"
How do you know I didn't?
CJS

Postby MiG_Eater on Thu 16 May 2019, 2:39 pm

Apologising? On the internet?

I think you don't understand how these forums work.

... :worship:
MiG_Eater

Postby pbeardmore on Sun 19 May 2019, 6:01 pm

“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Postby CJS on Fri 31 May 2019, 6:59 am

I'm standing in Tesco and have English apples and, right next to them, apples from the furthest point on earth that they could come from. Ridiculous!
CJS

Postby AlexC on Fri 31 May 2019, 11:25 am

I don't think that you can beat English apples for taste, especially Cox, but they are obviously not available throughout the whole year.
Pte. Aubrey Gerald Harmer, R. Suss. R. (att. to the Sherwood Foresters) KIA 26/9/1917 Polygon Wood, aged 19, NKG. RIP
AlexC

Postby CJS on Fri 31 May 2019, 3:06 pm

AlexC wrote:I don't think that you can beat English apples for taste, especially Cox, but they are obviously not available throughout the whole year.

No, that's true. My :mad: stems from the fact that I had the option - I usually do in fact - of 2 essentially identical products, which I could grow in my back garden, and one of them had travelled 11,600 miles. It's madness.
CJS

Postby capercaillie on Fri 31 May 2019, 3:24 pm

CJS wrote:
AlexC wrote:I don't think that you can beat English apples for taste, especially Cox, but they are obviously not available throughout the whole year.

No, that's true. My :mad: stems from the fact that I had the option - I usually do in fact - of 2 essentially identical products, which I could grow in my back garden, and one of them had travelled 11,600 miles. It's madness.

Aah, but could you grow enough in your back garden to feed a whole supermarket of people for a month. And did you buy them? :grin:

Do you have apple trees in your back garden? If yes, could you plant more?
"The surrogate voice of st24"
capercaillie

Postby pbeardmore on Tue 18 Jun 2019, 11:01 am

"I didn't get where I am today by hiring all male sit com writing teams."

"Great", "Super"

of course, all male teams have produced such rubbish in the past.........can't thinkl of anything decent

PS how is this legal?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... pXjottFBys
“The best computer is a man, and it’s the only one that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour.”
pbeardmore

Previous

Return to Off Topic