June 24, 2019: Town of Pendleton Tornado Recovery Update
The Madison County Long-Term Recovery Group has formed and is gathering information to determine our unmet needs due to the Memorial Day Tornado. You may have seen the Disaster Assessment Form in your Town of Pendleton utility bill or in your Fall Creek Regional Waste District bill. We urge you to complete the form and return to Pendleton Town Hall.
Please complete the form if you’ve had any type of issue related to the storm (spoiled food, damage to home or property, fallen trees, etc.). You can also fill out the form to report any problems you are now facing (you need help filling out insurance claims, your insurance won’t cover the damage you have, etc.)
Reporting these issues will help the Madison County Long-Term Recovery Group to harness additional resources to meet your unmet needs. Forms are available on the Town’s website or at Town Hall.
The following assistance is still available to residents and businesses:
- The Non-Emergency Town of Pendleton Tornado Recovery Hotline is still available until June 30th: 765-221-5029.
- Limbs due to storm damage will be picked up by the Street Department until June 30th, 2019. After June 30th, our next limb-pick up day is scheduled for August 8th, 2019.
- Roof Permits needed due to damage caused by the Memorial Day Tornado can be obtained from the Planning Department at no charge. Stop by Town Hall or call 765-778-8370 for more information.
- Homeowners, renters, and businesses can apply for low-interest disaster loans from the US Small Business Administration. Check out the SBA press release, the US Small Business Administration Fact Sheet on Disaster Loans, or the SBA Disaster Assistance Flyer for more information.
- The Disaster Declaration is still available on the Town’s website or at Town Hall if you need it for insurance claims, missed school, or missed work.
Sign Up for Alerts!
- In case you are not aware, the Madison County Emergency Management & Department of Homeland Security Agency has an electronic public alert and notification system in Madison County. Mass notification will be used to communicate information when emergency situations arise in Madison County. Alerts can go to your cell, home phone, or email. Sign up by visiting the Madison County EMA website.
- The Town of Pendleton also has weather radios for sale for $20 for Town of Pendleton utility customers. Please stop by Town Hall to purchase one. Limit one per household.
If you need food, stop by the Pendleton Community Public Library or the Read N Feed mobile pantry on their regular route Thursday, June 27th at these locations:
- Markleville East Christian Church from 5:00 – 5:45 p.m.
- Pendleton First United Methodist Church from 6:00 – 6:45 p.m.
- Ingalls First United Methodist Church from 7:00 – 7:45 p.m.
We are better together!